Family panics as businessman disappears on Ilesha-Akure highway

 Family panics as businessman disappears on Ilesha-Akure highway
Leye Ibiwoye

The family of an Ogun-based businessman, Leye Ibiwoye, has been thrown into confusion after he went missing on Friday while travelling on the Ilesha-Akure Expressway.

Leye was reportedly on his way to Akure, Ondo State, for a church outreach when the tragedy occurred.
Our source learned that the victim had a stopover at Ikire town, Osun State.

However, the vehicle he boarded from Ikire to Akure developed a fault around Erin-Oke, where he last spoke to his family.

His brother, Tobi, told newsmen that the family tracked his phone, adding that all efforts to find him proved abortive.

He said, “He travelled from Ibafo, Ogun State, on Friday around 1 pm, but he didn’t go through a straight bus. He took a bus to Ikire and later boarded another vehicle from there to Akure.

“On their way to Akure, their vehicle broke down at Erin-Oke; he called to inform people he wanted to stay within Akure and he later boarded another vehicle from Erin-Oke around 9 pm. He called to inform them again.

“A few hours later, his in-laws called his phone; it rang out several times before it stopped ringing. We were alerted on Saturday that he didn’t get to Akure and that was how the whole search for him started.

“The church program started two weeks ago; he wanted to attend the round-up of the program slated for Saturday and Sunday. It was postponed till Monday, but he still decided to travel anyway to stay with his in-laws.

“We as a family have been trying to stay in the gap for his wife and his daughter till we find him. We just hope he returns because we don’t know what happened to him between Erin-Oke and Akure.”
The 35-year-old told our correspondent that the family reported the incident at different police formations, including offices of the Federal Road Safety Corps and the Amotekun Corps.

“We reported to most police stations around the area like the Ipetu Police Station, Ilesha Police Station, and his in-laws also reported at a police station in Akure. We reported to the police station in Ibafo, we also reported to the police at every checkpoint along the expressway; we reported to the FRSC officials, and Amotekun around there; they collected his information and pictures.

“We tracked his number to Erinoke, but we didn’t get the exact place. We contacted the bank to check if any transactions took place on his account because he was with his ATM card, but we were told that there was no transaction. We tracked his last call to his mother-in-law around 10 pm,” he added.

Yemisi Opalola, the Public Relations Officer for the Osun State Police Force, claimed she was unaware of the occurrence but offered to look into it and get back to our correspondent.

As at the time of filing this report, she had yet to do so.

Basir Adewinbi, the Corps Commander of the Osun State Amotekun Corps, could not be reached on his phone line

Related post